Tuesday 8 July 2008

200th post :o)

Wow, we've been weaning Hannah for so long I've managed to witter on about it a whole 200 times! And, I don't think I mentioned it the other day, but I signed and sent back the consent form for one of Hannah's photos to be used in Gill Rapley's Baby Led Weaning book - we don't know whether it'll make the final cut yet, that's up to the editor, but the photo has been submitted! The book is due to be published later this year.

So for breakfast today Hannah ate shreddies, and she polished off a decent sized bowlful. I offered her a banana to follow, she took about one bite then squished it between her fingers and threw it on the floor. Lovely. Her appetite is definitely returning though, which is good news.

Lunch was on the move (well, on the bus actually!) and I gave her some raisins, a couple of rice cakes, some cubes of cheddar cheese, a drink of water and a gingerbread biscotti. She ate loads, or so it seemed to me, and was very tidy about it too.

When we got home Hannah had a slice of veggie sausage plait for tea along with peas and sweetcorn and a bit of lo salt gravy. She really went for the sos plait, and polished off the slice in short order. She had four enormous strawberries for pudding, although again she was enjoying squishing them through her fingers as much as eating them.


Hannah has also worked out how to close the spout on her sippy cup (the Tommee Tippee free flow type). Unfortunately she's not quite able to reopen it when she wants a drink, so I seem to have spent most of the last couple of days reopening the spout up for her, only for it to be thrown at me a few minutes later closed.

We're off on holiday on Thursday for a couple of weeks, and I don't know how often I'll be able to update things while we're away - if you don't hear from us for a little while, don't worry! We'll be back...

No comments: